Motor vehicle technician
40 per week
Experience is what we are looking for.
Motor vehicle technicians repair and service cars, vans, motorbikes and lorries. We work on all vehicle mechanics and electrics, from engines and exhaust systems to air-conditioning and security.
You will need to have strong practical skills. You’ll need to be good at problem-solving and finding faults. And you’ll also need to be a good with people and have great customer service skills.
As a motor vehicle technician, your work would include:
- finding faults
- telling customers if repairs are needed and how important they are
- working out the estimated time and cost for jobs
- carrying out repairs and replacing damaged parts
- road testing the vehicle to check the repair work
- fitting and servicing accessories like radios and alarms
- carrying out standard servicing and checks.
You could also work on electric and hybrid vehicles.
Working hours and conditions
You would usually work around 40 hours a week, Monday to Saturday and you may sometimes work overtime.